This sedan faces stiff competition from Nissan Altima, Ford Fusion Sports, Hyundai Sonata, Mazda 6 and Chevrolet Malibu. The national base price for this 2011 Hyundai Sonata is around $ 19,195, which excludes destination charges.
Cutouts and options:
2011 Hyundai Sonata is a family-size luxury sedan. This generation of Hyundai Sonata is available in three trim levels including the Sonata GLS, Sonata SE and Sonata Limited trims.
The Sonata GLS trim is equipped with 16-inch steel wheels, powerful air conditioning system, keyless entry, full power accessories, trip computer, heated side mirrors, tilt and telescopic steering column, Bluetooth connectivity with download phone book, six-speaker audio system, CD / MP3 player, I-Pod and AUX-IN jack, satellite radio, and steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise control.
This trim is also offered with two option packages. The first package includes automatic headlights, alloy wheels and eight-way power adjustable driver’s seats, and the other package includes an improved audio and navigation system.
The Sonata SE is a sport trim equipped with 18-inch alloy wheels with high-performance tires, dark chrome grille, fog lights, tuned sports suspension system, keyless entry and ignition, fabric or leather upholstery, and a wrapped knob and steering wheel. in leather. Some of the other options, like premium speakers and a sunroof, are included in the navigation package.
Limited trim is offered with all SE trim accessories and also includes side mirror mounted turn indicator, leather upholstery, sunroof, heated front and rear seats, dual zone automatic climate control, audio system upgraded with HD radio and CD loaders, auto-dimming rear view mirror, and a unique upgraded interior accent that includes high-gloss black trim and wood grain. The only optional package on the Limited version, which includes premium infinity speakers and a rear camera, is included in the navigation system.
Engine and performance:
The Sonata is available with a single engine option that includes a 2.4L capacity V4 engine with direct injection technology. It is trim with dual exhaust is little power compared to the standard engine. The SE model generates 200 HP of power and 186 lb-ft of torque. This sedan is armored with six-speed manual transmissions as a standard option on the GLS model and six-speed automatic transmissions are an optional feature.
* Base number of cylinders: 4
* Basic engine size: 2.4 liters
* Base engine type: 4 in line
* Horsepower: 198 HP
* Maximum power: 6300 RPM
* Torque: 184 ft-lbs.
* Maximum torque: 4250 RPM
* Drive type: FWD
* Turning circle: 35.8 feet
* City: 24 MPG
* Highway: 35 MPG
* Combined: 28 MPG
Design and features:
A luxury sedan with high quality fabrics and a very good fit and finish. The Limited trim is rewarded with a premium interior with piano black trim, padded door panels and a two-tone interior color scheme.
Hyundai Sonata is offered with a spacious interior that is capable of accommodating four adults with ample leg, head and shoulder room, but a 6 foot person may experience little discomfort on the roof.
* Front head room: 40 inches
* Front hip room: 55.2 inches
* Front shoulder room: 57.9 inches
* Rear headroom: 37.8 inches
* Rear shoulder room: 56.7 inches
* Rear hip room: 54.9 inches
* Front legroom: 45.5 inches
* Rear legroom: 34.6 inches
* Luggage capacity: 16.4 cubic feet
* Maximum capacity: 5
* Length: 189.8 inches
* Width: 72.2 inches
* Height: 57.9 inches
* Wheel base: 110 inches
* Empty weight: 3161 pounds
All Hyundai Sonata variants are equipped with stability controls, traction control, side curtain airbags, antilock disc brakes and front seat side impact airbags. 2011 Hyundai Sonata has earned the TOP SAFETY SELECTION from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). This sedan has scored highest in both side and front impact crash protection.
* Front brake type: 11.8-inch one-piece vented steel discs with single piston and sliding calipers
* Rear brake type: 11.20-inch one-piece solid steel discs with sliding and single-piston calipers
* Steering System: Rack and Pinion Power Steering with Proportional Electric Speed Assist
* Steering ratio: 14.5
* Front suspension type: independent McPherson struts, twin tube shocks, coil springs, stabilizer bar
* Rear suspension type: independent multilink, double tube shock absorbers, coil springs, stabilizer bar
* Front tire size: P205 / 65 R 16 94 H
* Rear tire size: P205 / 65 R 16 94H
* Tire brand: Kumho
* Tire model: Solus KH 25
* Tire type: all season (33 PSI front; 33 PSI rear)
* Wheel size: 16 x 6.5 inches front and rear
* Wheel material (front / rear): stamped steel with hubcap
* Manufacturer’s Curb Weight: 3161 lbs.
* Curb weight as tested: 3199 pounds
* Weight distribution, F / R: 60/40
* Recommended fuel: 87 octane gasoline
High fuel consumption
Spacious trunk space
Impressive security scores
Comfortable and attractive cabin
Lacks V6 option
Hard ride on the SE model
Reduced head room