Android, as one of the two most popular mobile app platforms, continues to be popular by powering the largest number of smartphones. The operating system that powers the vast majority of smartphones has now evolved in features and capabilities and every year we have new updates that further enrich Android with features and functionality. Android Oreo, the latest update for the platform, came with a wide range of new features and improved capabilities. It is designed for the most advanced smartphones, including the latest Google Pixel 2 and Nexus phones.
Let’s take a look at the key enhancements Android users will enjoy with Android Oreo.
- a higher battery time
Android Oreo will increase the battery life of any device simply by intelligently controlling battery usage while using multiple apps.
- Picture-in-picture mood
Android Oreo will also come with the long-awaited picture-in-picture feature that allows you to minimize a video within a small preview screen while accessing another app.
- Autocomplete frame
Android Oreo will also come with the smart auto-complete feature that allows auto-completion on various forms and pages if, as a registered user, you already have all the personal data and authentication details stored on your phone.
- More power for the Google Assistant
Android Oreo will also increase user-friendliness and overall ease-of-use with easier Google Assistant integration into just about everything. This new update will allow you to use the Google Assistant directly within any mobile application.
- Vitals: the security layer
Android Oreo will also have an additional layer of security called Vital. Vital elements run in the background, ensuring the safety of the device and keeping it away from viruses, hackers, and worms.
- Smart text selection
When you select a particular text and if the selected text is an address, the smart text selection feature helps you with the address or, if it is a phone number, dials the number.
The usefulness of Android applications for business
Many industries and companies find Android apps useful as it is the only platform to connect the maximum number of smartphone users. In particular, Business to Consumer (B2C) applications that need to connect a widespread audience find Android to be more useful as a platform. For a business to start with a mobile presence through a native application, Android is the least expensive mobile platform than others. If you want to market your products and services with the goal of creating a loyal audience, there is no better way than to start with an Android app.
Some of the key benefits of Android business apps include the following:
- Wider audienceAndroid as a mobile platform enjoys the largest audience for smartphone use in a variety of niches and demographic groups.
- Cost benefitsAndroid offers unprecedented cost benefits for creating new applications compared to other competitors. Being an open source platform, it offers a wide range of SDKs for free and that makes Android app development less expensive.
- Easier customization: Android apps can be easily customized with all kinds of business-specific and audience-specific features and functionality that require superior technical expertise. A lower learning curve makes Android more equipped for customization.
- Business integration: Struggling to keep your disconnected functional systems connected? Avoid bottlenecks and increase employee productivity with the enterprise integration Android app. The right management software will take a back seat to short-term revenue acceleration goals and the business will be faced with a decision to manage the expansion of operations.
- Better hardware compatibility: Android applications are easily deployed on different devices and this emphasis on all your customers witnessing a similar user experience. Applications are easily implemented in multiple hardware configurations.
- Graphics Support: Android supports powerful 2D and 3D graphics that attract visitors and ultimately increase sales. High resolution graphics are crucial for mobile applications. Games without high resolution images appear incomplete.
- Linux kernel: The Android kernel is based on the Linux Kernel, which means that the main features of Android are like the Linux Kernel. Furthermore, having a Linux-based operating system means that Android is a robust, stable, and secure platform ready to deliver speechless performance.
- Increased flexibility: Android offers great flexibility thanks to its ultra-fast operating system. Provides more flexibility by allowing applications to run on Firefox, Opera, and Chrome to run a capacity. When the application is uploaded to the Google Play Store, the response time is quite less compared to the applications in the Apple Store.
- Open source platform: Open Source Platform indicates that not only developers have the freedom to easily adapt and edit the code, but it even becomes profitable.
- Offers complete security: At the time Android application development was at a nascent level, most Android devices witnessed hardware malfunction and hacking issues. Therefore, Google launched the address space layout, which is the protection process that protects the operating system from various viruses.
Android enjoys a huge 84.2% market share among smartphones and this clearly shows the leading position of the platform.
Globally, Android remains one of the two most popular mobile platforms, in addition to other platforms, and given the saturation that other applications are experiencing in terms of revenue, Android is the leader in terms of growth.
Android developers dominate the mobile talent pool with 72%
It’s no wonder that most major companies and the vast majority of small and medium-sized businesses in all niches prefer to hire Android developers to shape or reshape their mobile presence. Android has marked its presence in different industries and is ready to rule the industry as ‘the best platform for mobile application development’.
- Education – Did you know? 81% of students use mobile devices to study! Mobile has reshaped the world today. For one, you have cool and cool mobile apps and students love them. While, on the other hand, students have tests, textbooks to study, and a lot of learning to do that they don’t like. So when you combine both, you get amazing results for students. Amazon Kindle and Coursera are one of those applications that you will find on all mobile readers.
- Games and entertainment – “90% of Google Play revenue came from games” Jaws down? Hold on to them, as Android is sure to continue to create such wonders. If you have the Android app and are alone, chances are you click on the entertainment or games app. A single device in your hand that helps you store, access, play, edit, and share different media with multiple people.
- Lifestyle apps – The third highest category ranking in the Google Play Store with 2,44,659 apps is Lifestyle. Lifestyle apps keep your business and life running and thus make Android phone more powerful as a touchstone for your hobbies and passions.
- Business applications – Android is great as it gives you the power to be productive at any time. It doesn’t matter if you are looking to work out the budget or want to travel for your business activities, want to manage different projects efficiently or work on multiple spreadsheets, documents, work on a presentation or remind you about different tasks / meetings scheduled in the day, Android the applications are there for you.
- Best utility / tool apps – The Android phone has the potential to act as a Swiss army knife for mobile devices: with Android applications you can do whatever you need. How? Utility apps can help you keep track of expenses when you travel or keep your phone protected with different security apps or install apps that make the most of your battery, GPS, and other features.
- Travel and transportation – Until now, you would have realized that your Android phone has the power to act as a great business tool, the best entertainment device, a lifestyle companion, and an amazing travel aid. Yes, a great Android travel app is a blessing! So you are planning your first trip or trip you will usually find everything you need for a travel trip. From flights to information on languages or places.
This is how Android transcends the growing pains that were previously prevented from bringing your business into the growth landscape.